Tech Enhancing Real Estate with Arjun Rao of Yardi
Arjun Rao, Senior Director of Commercial with Yardi, is our guest today. The theme of today’s conversation is going to be tech enhancing real estate, with examples of how Yardi is pushing the boundaries regarding how you can optimize your real estate through technology.
After telling us about what it’s like to work with both American and Canadian clients, Arjun discusses the post-pandemic return to the office. We hear about the power struggle between employees and employers, along with automation that is happening in the multi-family space.
Topics covered include:
- Using technology apps to help get employees back into the office.
- The automation of multi-family rentals.
- How real estate being slow at tech adoption can be a positive thing.
- Why coworking spaces should see growth over the next few years.
- What Yardi is doing on both sides to help with the demand for coworking spaces.
- Comments from Yardi employees when they were surveyed about returning to the office.
- The power that employees hold when being asked to return to the office.
- Deals that Arjun sees that brokers don’t want to be involved with.
- Virtual tours and why they have been so advantageous.
- Why Arjun says it’s important to question technology.
- Happiness that comes from bringing people together.
More about our guest….
The CRE Podcast is powered by First National.
In partnership with Canadian Real Estate Forums.