On this episode of the Commercial Real Estate Podcast, hosts Adam Powadiuk and Aaron Cameron recall their talk with Niall Finnegan, Partner at Finnegan Marshall, to whom they spoke at the Canadian Apartment Investment Conference in September 2023 in Toronto.
Topics covered include:
- Niall’s background in construction and how he ended up in Canada
- Navigating construction intricacies with integrity and market mastery
- The role of cost consultants in construction projects
- Rising interest rates and construction costs
- The surprising economics of building rentals vs condos
- How lenders are reinforcing risk management in today’s construction sector
More about our guest…
Niall brings a wealth of expertise with over 38 years of experience in the construction and real estate sectors, skilfully leveraging his knowledge to maximise project value and minimise client risk. His background encompasses various projects, including high-rise residential office buildings, long-term care facilities, hospitals, roads, and more. Before joining Finnegan Marshall, Niall held the role of President at Altus Groups.