Portable heater causes K damage in Saskatoon garage fire – Saskatoon

[ad_1]

The cause of an attached garage fire Saturday morning was a portable heater that was too close to combustible material, according to the Saskatoon Fire Department.

The fire department received a call at 1:16 a.m. about the fire in the 700 block of Sutter Avenue.

A total of three fire engines, one ladder truck, one rescue unit and the battalion chief were dispatched to the scene.

The fire had broken through a window to the garage so fire crews immediately started applying water on the fire through the broken window.

The fire was brought under control at 1:43 a.m.

Story continues below advertisement

The fire investigator conducted a scene examination and deemed the fire accidental, caused by a portable heater that was too close to combustible material. It had been plugged in and running since 6 p.m. the previous evening, they said.

Damage is estimated at $50,000.

There no injuries to civilians or firefighters as a result of the fire.




© 2022 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.



[ad_2]

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *