Frank Magliocco is here for the second part of his interview focusing on the Emerging Trends in Real Estate report published by PwC and ULI. Frank, a Partner at PwC, also sat down with Aaron and Adam last year to review the previous report.
In this segment of analyzation, key points of discussion are asset classes, which cities are the best for investment, and the transitioning retail environment. Later, Frank reveals the most lucrative investments for the upcoming year as outlined in the report.
Topics covered include:
- Changing approaches based on the length of this real estate cycle.
- The mixed sentiments reflected in business prospects.
- Legislation by Twitter.
- Effects of lenders doing too many high-leverage loans.
- Shifting from oversupply to balance.
- Sentiment of investment opportunities for each asset class.
- Experiential retail opportunities.
- The upcoming need for seniors housing.
- Providing livability and walkability to employees.
- Vancouver’s top ranking and stalling development.
- What interviewees thought about Toronto, the country’s largest real estate market.
- The impact of immigration on affordability.
- Flourishing smaller cities aided by affordability.
- Ongoing headwinds in Edmonton and Calgary.
- Expected best bets in 2020.
Listen to part one here.