Investor Relations with Brad Cutsey of InterRent REIT
Our guest today is Brad Cutsey, President of InterRent REIT. After covering the oil and gas sector for TD Securities after university, a merger brought Brad into the real estate sector and he hasn’t looked back since. Brad now oversees all of InterRent’s capital markets activities and shares how he interacts with REIT Analysts and investors.
Brad discusses the reasons why he joined InterRent, with their organizational culture being a key driver. He explains how he believes the real estate recovery will emerge in Canada and other implications of the coronavirus pandemic, including real estate opportunities.
Topics covered include:
- Getting involved in capital markets after university.
- The process of gaining exposure to industry leaders.
- Reasons why Brad left his previous role to join InterRent.
- Some leaders in the REIT space that Brad looks up to.
- What REITs were like when Brad got first involved and how they have changed.
- Why the market overlooks future activity of REITs when pricing them.
- Having a balance sheet that allows for flexibility.
- A challenging and rewarding project that InterRent undertook in Ottawa.
- Brad’s predictions for the next 3 years.
- Opportunities that have been presented because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- How InterRent is internalizing what’s going on in the market.
- Implications of Canada’s immigration numbers being low in 2020.
More about our guest….
Mr. Cutsey is currently President of InterRent REIT where he is responsible for overseeing the company’s corporate development and capital markets activities. Brad has over 20 years of experience in the real estate and capital markets industry, including roles as Group Head of Real Estate Investment Banking and also as a top ranked Equity Research Analyst. Throughout his career, Brad has advised on several billion dollars in real estate transactions, equity and debt financings and has played a key role in the birth of a number of publicly listed REITs. He was recognized as the #1 stock picker (all sectors) in the Canadian 2012 StarMine Analyst Awards. Mr. Cutsey currently is a member of the Board of Trustees of NEXUS REIT and Chair’s the Audit committee. Mr. Cutsey is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and a graduate of the Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance concentration and Economics Major) program at Bishop’s University.
Listen to the Mark Rothschild episode here.
The CRE Podcast is powered by First National Financial
In partnership with Canadian Real Estate Forums