Decades of Selling Vancouver Apartments with Mark Goodman of Goodman Commercial
Joining us on today’s episode is Mark Goodman. Introduced to the podcast by the Canadian Real Estate Forums, he is the Principal of Goodman Commercial and publisher of the Goodman Report. Mark has brokered some of the biggest real estate transactions in Vancouver and is regarded as a market leader.
Coming from a family of real estate practitioners, Mark has witnessed the transformation of Vancouver’s real estate market. He explains what his company does that contributes to their success and examines some of the regulations that were implemented in Vancouver last year.
Topics covered include:
- Brokering some of the biggest transactions in Vancouver
- Mark’s exposure to real estate starting at a young age
- The very first phone call that Mark made as a commercial broker
- Being results-oriented in a competitive market
- Political challenges today reminiscent of the 1990s
- The lack of purpose-built rental construction in Vancouver
- Vancouver’s chronic supply and demand imbalance
- Rent freeze and vacancy control
- What happens if there is no value proposition to invest in rental housing
More about our guest….
Mark Goodman aggressively seeks new ways of marketing properties and perfecting the purchase and sale of real estate. He’s sold over $3 billion in apartment buildings and development sites in more than 500 transactions.
Since 2002, Mark has been a Goodman partner and principal. Over the years, he’s played a pivotal role in putting the company ahead of the industry curve.
Mark is a past director of the Vancouver Real Estate Board — Commercial Division.
Mark plays a lead role in publishing the Goodman Report, the company’s state-of-the-art platform for apartment news and marketing. The Goodman Report has positioned Goodman Commercial as authorities on apartment building sales in B.C. and across Canada. Mark is frequently quoted in the Vancouver Sun, National Post, The Globe and Mail, Business in Vancouver, Western Investor, Landlord BC Magazine and more. He has been a moderator and keynoter speaker for the Urban Development Institute, Vancouver Real Estate Forum and the Canadian Apartment Investment Conference.
Goodman Report here.
The CRE Podcast is powered by First National Financial.
In partnership with Real Estate Forums.