Alberta Real Estate Forum with Peter Altobelli of Yardi
Continuing their coverage of the Canadian real estate forums, Aaron and Adam have Peter Altobelli on the podcast again today. In this episode, they will be discussing the top five takeaways from the Alberta Real Estate Forum.
Alberta had begun remodeling itself before the COVID-19 pandemic began, which is integral in how the province will look for years to come. Peter explains why both primary and secondary cities are set up for success, along with trends that align with the rest of Canada.
Topics covered include:
- #5: The retail market is not as battered and bruised as most people think.
- Why retail needs to pivot and why the future is positive.
- Adam and Aaron’s experiences with retail stores in 2020.
- #4: The industrial market is dynamic and continues to present growth opportunities.
- Building to suit clients’ needs rather than building and trying to fill.
- #3: Secondary markets in Alberta are not seeing the same investment activity as in years past.
- Positive things about doing business in a secondary market.
- #2: Edmonton and Calgary are placing their bets on the downtown core.
- Why downtown builds are so important.
- Alberta’s history in surviving market downturns.
- #1: The need for Alberta to reposition itself and how they’re going to do it.
- A well-spoken politician speaking at the forum about what must change in Alberta.
- Reducing red tape for businesses.
More about our guest….
Peter Altobelli is Vice President of Sales and General Manager for Yardi Canada Ltd. Yardi develops industry-leading property and investment management software for all real estate asset classes.
Peter has worked in the technology industry for more than 30 years, with a foundation in software development for the healthcare sector in the 1980s. His first role involved transforming existing software for an outpatient clinic scheduling system and introducing innovative PC technology for what has now become Hamilton Health Sciences.
The CRE Podcast is powered by First National
Episode sponsor is Yardi.
In partnership with Canadian Real Estate Forums.